Home

Enterprise Report Services for Alfresco 1.0 Preview Released

You are here

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Enterprise Report Services for Alfresco 1.0 Preview Released

You can install and run the 1.0 Preview release of the "Enterprise Report Services for Alfresco" from the forge at http://forge.alfresco.com/projects/report-services/

There is also a demo server running on http://vardar.no-ip.biz:8080/alfresco You can connect with user demo, password demo. There are some report definition files just under the Company Home space, which you can try to run reports. You can use the space called demoSpace for trial.

With the Enterprise Report Services for Alfresco, users can share report templates, can create report spaces to publish reports depending on the chosen report templates at scheduled times. The extension automatically detects run time report parameters, if it is needed, user can overwrite parameters.

At the moment The Enterprise Report Services for Alfresco supports only BIRT templates, but in the subsequent revisions we plan to support Jasper Reports and other reporting engines as well.
Report output formats can be "html" or "pdf". But we are working on OpenOffice (odf) support. We hope that we will put these on the following revisions.

Enjoy,
Vardar Software, Consultancy, Training Ltd.

Regards,
Turgay Zengin

1.0_RC1 is released

In the 1.0_RC1 release, new additions are:

- Bug fixes
- More than 1 report schedule can be added to a space.
- Report schedules added to a space can be updated/deleted.
- Initial Jasper Reports support.

Regards,
Turgay Zengin

Hey,

We are quite interested in this reporting stuff, as our project consists of lot of data entry and then reporting that we would like to display through Alfresco. We are working on Pentaho, any plans to provide support for this in your work.

Thanx in advance.

Regards,
Deep

Technologize Your Business (http://www.softsolvers.com.my)

Hi Deep,
We don't have experience with Pentaho, so we may have a look at this possibility after we release 1.0 of Report Services.

Regards,
Turgay Zengin

No problem man,

We selected Pentaho because we found it better than BIRT and Jasper in many ways. Anyways, when we start working on this, I'll keep you updated on our development, so that you can also gain and we can do this together.

Keep up the good work!!

Regards,
Deep

Technologize Your Business (http://www.softsolvers.com.my)

mdsahni wrote:
No problem man,

We selected Pentaho because we found it better than BIRT and Jasper in many ways. Anyways, when we start working on this, I'll keep you updated on our development, so that you can also gain and we can do this together.

Keep up the good work!!

Regards,
Deep

Count us in, we just started with Pentaho, after a looong (to long) time looking at it. So far, so good, however, the more, the merrier. Unfortunatelly, we probably won't have resources to help with possible integration until 2007.

where are the report definition files now?

btw, we are also looking at Pentaho :)

*bump*

Revnouz wrote:
*bump*

Have you seen pentaho's kettle product? Its an ETL tool. I am currently thinking about all the neat things we might be able to enable with a JCR source and destination or even alfresco foundation apis.

cool stuff - very interesting product :)

-Russ
WEM Practice Director, Rivet Logic

Alfresco support, consulting, and training services.
http://www.rivetlogic.com

http://wiki.alfresco.com - Alfresco Wiki docs
http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Developer_Guide - Alfresco Developer Guide

Hi I am not able to access the demo url.

Could you please share me some report definition files?

Thanks,
Senthil.

Re: Enterprise Report Services for Alfresco 1.0 Preview Released

turgayz wrote:

There is also a demo server running on http://vardar.no-ip.biz:8080/alfresco You can connect with user demo, password demo. There are some report definition files just under the Company Home space, which you can try to run reports. You can use the space called demoSpace for trial.

Is the demo server still valid?
I can open the URL, however, it does not accept user credentials demo/demo.

Any updates?

Snig Bhaumik, Twitter: snigbb
About Me
InfoAxon Technologies.

Hi,

Im trying to configuring the report extension with alfresco.

Alfresco Enterprise 3.2 and MySQL Database is used for this project. The zips of this project is download (1.0_RC2 for Alfresco 3.2 and 1.0_Preview).
By running Ant command alfresco.war was update with successfull. When i start alfresco server, i have this exception:

14:51:14,634  ERROR [web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean wit
h name 'tr.biz.vardar.reporting.metadata.BirtDefinitionMetaDataExtractor' define
d in URL [jar:file:/C:/Alfresco/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/alfresco-rep
ort-engine.jar!/alfresco/extension/reporting-context.xml]: Error setting propert
y values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyExcep
tion: Invalid property 'dictionaryService' of bean class [tr.biz.vardar.reportin
g.metadata.BirtDefinitionMetaDataExtractor]: Bean property 'dictionaryService' i
s not writable or has an invalid setter method. Does the parameter type of the s
etter match the return type of the getter?
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyException: Invalid prope
rty 'dictionaryService' of bean class [tr.biz.vardar.reporting.metadata.BirtDefi
nitionMetaDataExtractor]: Bean property 'dictionaryService' is not writable or h
as an invalid setter method. Does the parameter type of the setter match the ret
urn type of the getter?

Can you have any idea what i have to do?

Best redargs

Rafael Gomes,
Alfresco Developer - Nasajon Sistema LTDA

Actually i have this message before the Exception in last post:

15:36:32,403 User:System ERROR [vardar.reporting.ReportingSystem] class org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessResourceUsageException---could not execute query; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not execute query
07/07/2010 15:36:35 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine <init>FINE: ReportEngine created. EngineConfig: EngineConfig: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineConfig.scriptObjects={};BIRT_HOME=C:/tools/birt-runtime/ReportEngine;logLevel=FINE;PLATFORM_CONTEXT=org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.PlatformFileContext@198f08c;org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineConfig.emitterConfigs=
{html=org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.HTMLEmitterConfig@1d88788};logDest=<nul
l>;

Please, i really need to resolve this problem because for our new project, reports will be essencial.

Thanks

Rafael Gomes,

The problem of instalation is resolved.
But now i have other question/problem. I create webscript and this give XML response for report.
When i run the report on Eclipse IDE, everething works fine and i can see all datas what i want. But when i try to run the report from Alfresco (PDF or HTML), the PDF/HTML was created but without datas, only put the headers.

Anyone have ideas about this?

Thanks

Rafael Gomes,

Re:

rdanner wrote:
Revnouz wrote:
*bump*

Have you seen pentaho's kettle product? Its an ETL tool. I am currently thinking about all the neat things we might be able to enable with a JCR source and destination or even alfresco foundation apis.

cool stuff - very interesting product :)

are you guys working on report defination for alfresco 3.4 community??

Atish Dipankar Barua
Software Addict

Re: Enterprise Report Services for Alfresco 1.0 Preview Rele

Hey...I am trying to integrate Alfresco with reporting tools using similar approach..

Facing an error regarding a jar file named "tr.biz.vardar.reporting.metadata.BirtDefinitionMetaDataExtractor"...

ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'tr.biz.vardar.reporting.metadata.BirtDefinitionMetaDataExtractor' defined in URL [jar:file:/home/nidhi/Download/alfresco%203.2/alfresco-community-tomcat-3.2/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/alfresco-report-engine.jar!/alfresco/extension/reporting-context.xml]: Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyException: Invalid property 'dictionaryService' of bean class [tr.biz.vardar.reporting.metadata.BirtDefinitionMetaDataExtractor]: Bean property 'dictionaryService' is not writable or has an invalid setter method. Does the parameter type of the setter match the return type of the getter?
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyException: Invalid property 'dictionaryService' of bean class [tr.biz.vardar.reporting.metadata.BirtDefinitionMetaDataExtractor]: Bean property 'dictionaryService' is not writable or has an invalid setter method. Does the parameter type of the setter match the return type of the getter?

Pls help..
I am using Alfresco 3.2

Nidhi Pancholi
Pune, India

Which credentials should i use cause demo,demo is not granting me access.
Regards

I am new to alfresco.
1. Reports in alfresco is created for content information. am i right?
2. weather report is generated automatically or we have to create reports.
3. please tell me how to create reports in alfresco.

create ftl file

please help me i am new to alfresco.
how to create ftl file in alfresco.