Home

Ubuntu 12.04.1 64 bits server and Alfresco 3.4.e?

You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ubuntu 12.04.1 64 bits server and Alfresco 3.4.e?

Hi there,

Like to check. Currently I have Alfresco 3.4.d and Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS 64 bits. It worked fine.

I plan to install Alfresco 3.4.e, should I maintain 10.04.4 LTS or can I use the latest 12.04.1 LTS 64 bits? Will that be an issue?

Any help? Thanks.

Re: Ubuntu 12.04.1 64 bits server and Alfresco 3.4.e?

Hello,

I guess nobody will give you a guarantee and unless someone has already used 12.04, the best answers will be based on "educated guesses" / general experience.
Since Alfresco is purely Java-based, you should have no problem running it on Ubuntu 12.04. Since this version of Ubuntu has been released a while ago, you should also have no problems with the 3rd party tools that accompany Alfresco, like ImageMagick, SWFTools etc., i.e. all potential library incompatibilities that may have been should have been fixed already. I currently only know of a few bugs in 10.04 LTS that have been fixed in 12.04, so my bet is you'd probably be better of on the newer version.

Regards
Axel

Axel Faust
Senior IT-Consultant / Software Architect
PRODYNA AG
Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Even with subscriptions in the forum, it can be hard to keep track of all topics I participate in. If you feel you are waiting too long for me to answer, please send me a short PM. "Too long" means at least more than a day, preferably a couple of days - please don't abuse this offer. After all, I participate in this forum purely on my own time.

Re: Ubuntu 12.04.1 64 bits server and Alfresco 3.4.e?

Noted and thanks so much :) Will give ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS a shot :)

forums index