Home

Unable to use custom-slingshot-application-context.xml file

You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Unable to use custom-slingshot-application-context.xml file

Hello Everyone,

Ok so my issue is that I'm trying to customize this file.

/opt/alfresco/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/web-extension/custom-slingshot-application-context.xml

What I'm wanting to do is modify the "grey list" for tags that get dropped in Alfresco on the wiki.

from...spring-webscripts-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar/spring-webscripts-application-context.xml.

This file has basically 3 lists "white" "black" and "grey" I'm wanting to override this file, but the issue I'm having is that anytime that I modify the custom slingshot file it breaks Alfresco. I get a 404 error and nothing works in share.

It doesn't matter what I put in the file. I could actually have the file blank with nothing and I still get the error. Am I missing something? I thought this file was used to override other beans within the core of Alfresco.

4.2.f
If a blank file still gives the 404...

...then the problem is being caused elsewhere. And by "blank" I think you mean it still has a DOCTYPE header and an empty beans element.

If your custom-slingshot-application-context.xml file is well-formed and valid and has no beans but you are still seeing an error, then the error is being caused by something else.

Jeff

Hire my team for your next project! Metaversant
Blog: ecmarchitect.com | Twitter: jeffpotts01
CMIS APIs: Apache Chemistry | CMIS and Apache Chemistry in Action
Alfresco tutorials: Alfresco Developer Series

Thanks Jeff,

Thanks Jeff,

I have done several scenarios...

1. I've followed the instructions from HERE

2. I've copied the entire contents of the spring-webscripts-application-context.xml and from there I removed the <value>HREF</value> from the greylist.

3. I've deleted the entire contents of the custom slingshot file and just put in empty tags that shouldn't break anything.

I really don't know why it is happening...

I'm using centos 6.5/apache as my front end ssl. I have only two addon's installed. (media viewer and wiki rich content) and I'm only using one of them. Do you have any suggestions that I could try to see if it truely is just me not configuring the file correctly?

After talking with jpotts in

After talking with jpotts in IRC I corrected my error in formatting my file. Here is the contents for anyone else that is interested. I still have an issue though.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC '-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN' 'http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd'>
<beans>
 
 <!-- Override HTML processing grey list -->
   <bean id="webframework.webscripts.stringutils" parent="webframework.webscripts.stringutils.abstract"
         class="org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.ui.common.StringUtils">
<property name="attributeGreyList">
 
 
<set>
 
<value>SRC</value>
 
<value>DYNSRC</value>
 
<value>LOWSRC</value>
 
<!-- <value>HREF</value> -->
 
<value>BACKGROUND</value>
 
<value>FORMACTION</value>
 
<value>FORMMETHOD</value>
 
<value>ACTION</value>
 
</set>
 
</property>
 
</bean>
 
 
</beans>

My whole issue is trying to be able to embed the video in the wiki, so in my test environment this works. I can use HTTP (no ssl) and the video works. However, going to my production server and testing there. the video doesn't load. Which is weird because my dev server and prod server are identical.