Home

Alfresco Community vs enterprise

You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Alfresco Community vs enterprise

Does Alfresco Community include Document Management? or is it only part of Alfresco enterprise?

Jose

Re: Alfresco Community vs enterprise

Yes. These are the main Enterprise differentiators: http://www.alfresco.com/services/subscription/

Mike

Is the Document management built into the Community version or is it a plug in that you have to download separately?

J.

It's all built in. Does the documentation you've presumably read not make this clear?

Thanks,
Mike

Sorry to make this old topic alive again... Even more because I think I already know the answer but...
Here is my question: Does that mean there is no functionnal limit in using community edition vs enterprise?
Of course I understand the tremendous advantages of the alfresco support and QA, but there are a lot of opensource/commercial products that have limited features in their opensource version... So that's why I am surprosed to come to that conclusion.

alxgomz wrote:
Sorry to make this old topic alive again... Even more because I think I already know the answer but...
Here is my question: Does that mean there is no functionnal limit in using community edition vs enterprise?
Of course I understand the tremendous advantages of the alfresco support and QA, but there are a lot of opensource/commercial products that have limited features in their opensource version... So that's why I am surprosed to come to that conclusion.

From a bit of testing and observation - apart from some software specific administration features (check on-line documentation) the Community Edition has the same capabilities as the Enterprise (commercial licenced) version. The approach to bug fixing for stability is a bit better with the Enterprise version - after all, customers are paying for the support but the Community Edition may lead with new features in the daily builds.

Cheers, Sasquatch

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS - Alfresco Community 4.2