Home

CMIS Query Language - Outer joins

You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
CMIS Query Language - Outer joins

Hi,

I'm trying to execute this query using CMIS but apparently it's not possible to perform outer joins in CMIS QL.(Alfresco 4.0.e & CMIS 1.0 )
Query :

SELECT * FROM cmis:document d LEFT join cm:titled t on d.cmis:objectId = t.cmis:objectId

i get the exception :

org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisRuntimeException: Outer joins are not supported
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.convertStatusCode(AbstractAtomPubService.java:452)
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.post(AbstractAtomPubService.java:570)
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.DiscoveryServiceImpl.query(DiscoveryServiceImpl.java:142)
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.SessionImpl$3.fetchPage(SessionImpl.java:557)
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.util.AbstractIterator.getCurrentPage(AbstractIterator.java:132)
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.util.CollectionIterator.hasNext(CollectionIterator.java:48)
at com.sqli.sante.ged.alfresco.document.service.AlfrescoDocumentServiceImpl.main(AlfrescoDocumentServiceImpl.java:732)

is there a configuration to make or the outer joins are not supported?

Thank you.

No JOIN are not yet supported

No JOIN are not yet supported. However cm:titled is an aspect (in CMIS speak a secondary type) so is an important case that does work on all versions of alfresco that support CMIS. With CMIS 1.1 it works out of the box. With the older versions alfresco provides a plugin to support aspects.

Senior Software Engineer
Alfresco

Hi mrogers,

Hi mrogers,

Yes, an inner join works perfectly with any aspect. Ex of a query that works :
 SELECT * FROM cmis:document d join cm:titled t on d.cmis:objectId = t.cmis:objectId

But when i want to perform a left/right join it raises the exception.

outer join

alfresco dose not support outer join

If this post was helpful, please click Yes on the Post Rating

I see. thank you for your

I see. thank you for your time

forums index